EASY TO USE CAD TOOLS
Schematic and PCB Layout
• Powerful and flexible schematic capture.
• Auto-component placement.
• Rip/entry PCB routing.
• Polygonal gridless ground planes.
• Library of over 8000 schematic and 1000 PCB foot prints.
• Bill of materials, DRC reports and more.
Mixed Mode SPICE Circuit Simulation
• Berkeley SPICE3F5 simulator with custom extensions for true
mixed mode and interactive simulation.
• Six virtual instruments and 14 graph based analysis types.
• 6,000 models including T TL, CMOS and PLD digital parts.
• Fully compatible with manufacturers’ SPICE models.
Proteus VSM - Co-simulation & debugging for popular Micro-Controllers
• Supports PIC16 & PIC12, AVR, 8051, HC11 and ARM micro-controllers.
• Co-simulate target firmware with your hardware design.
• Includes interactive peripheral models for LED and LCD displays,
switches, keypads, virtual terminal and much, much more.
• Provides source level debugging for popular compilers and
assemblers from Hi Tech PICC, Crownhill, IAR, Keil and others.
MicroChip PIC 18
• Supported models of the PIC 18 includes PIC18F242, PIC18F252,
PIC18F442, PIC18F452, PIC18F248, PIC18F258, PIC18F448 and
Basic Stamp BS1 and BS2
• Proteus VSM for BASIC Stamp contains everything you need to
develop and simulate designs based around the BASIC Stamp.
• See examples in downloadable Demo at
“I finished my first design, schematic and PCB in one day.”
“What a great tool! I love it.” DAN GILL
“For the cost of the software compared to the productivity gains, I consider Proteus to be
pivotal in the commercial viability of my company and by far represents the best value
for money of anything Tempus possesses.” ROB YOUNGS, Tempus Consulting
“PROTEUS stands out as the best all-round program in this review. Other programs
reviewed have strengths in the pcb design process, Proteus maintains a constant high
level of capability throughout. Whether a schematic, user-friendly interactive routing,
configurable autoplacing, competent autorouteing, or a combination of the above,
PROTEUS handles everything very well.” Electronic & Wireless World CAD Review Roundup
Save Time. Save Money.
Proteus Starter Kit – $199 • Full System – $1899
“This is clearly superior in every respect.”
R4 SYSTEMS INC.
www.labcenter-electronics.com Tel: 905•898•0665 firstname.lastname@example.org
Circle #55 on the Reader Service Card.
-1 0 1
Figure 3. Temperature feedback and filtered PWM drive.
conducting) of the FET switch is adjusted until
temperature feedback from the LM34 sensor is equal to
the desired setpoint of the potentiometer. PWM frequency
is set by the state of pins PS2-PS0 on CLZD010 while loop
timing is set by pins CS3-CS0. Pins HEN and LEN are high
and low enables.
The logic FET can be driven directly because low
frequency PWM (PS2-PS0=488 Hz) is used with slow
transitions (1K Ω gate resistor). Control timing was
estimated by applying power to the heater and monitoring
the temperature response. It took over 10 minutes for
temperature to settle near its final value in an open-loop
configuration. The temperature went from ambient to
about two thirds of its final value in two to three minutes
(τ = 1-e-1 ≈ 63%), so the timing of the system was set slightly
faster (CS3-CS0=134 S).
Figure 3 shows the filtered (average) PWM drive and
the temperature FBK response as a function of time.
Notice that drive is high while the loop error (FPT-FBK) is
large, but decreases prior to the temperature reaching its
final value of 200°F (FBK=2 V) for fast response without
Figure 4. A switching power amplifier ( 10 V/10 A).
PWM = 31.2 KHz (PS=110, BIP=0) CLOZD = 128 mS
820uF 6 7