In The Trenches
Gates. If you made a million dollars or
owned a house or were granted a
patent before you kissed a girl ... you
might be an engineer.
Women eventually realize that
engineers are really very desirable life
partners. Engineers are good
providers, stable, reliable, organized,
and able to fix things around the
house. Few engineers spend their free
time and money at the bar with “the
boys.” Nor do they watch sports all
weekend. This means that they share
more time with the family and are
Women see the negative traits of
engineers as easily fixed. Once
married, the wife will train the
husband in how to dress properly, eat
better, be romantic, and polish off
some of the social rust. However, she
will only make him socially
acceptable so he will not embarrass
her in public. She will not teach him
to be socially adept. If she did, other
women might find him too interesting.
Lastly, women like to change men. It
appears to be an inborn trait that
gives them great satisfaction.
Naturally, no engineer would
accept any of this without some supporting evidence. Score one point for
every “Yes” answer and zero points
for a “No” to the following questions:
1. As a kid, you bought the X-ray
glasses advertised in the back of the
comic book in order to see how the
2. You know the products at
RadioShack better than the
3. No one at a party thinks your
boss’s attempt to use a magnet to
pick up a stainless steel screw is
funny except you.
4. You actually read the VCR
5. You have more than one computer.
6. You know every Star Trek movie
and TV episode (including all the
spin-offs) nearly verbatim.
7. You kept your college textbooks.
8. You are annoyed by contradictions
in science fiction movies. (Like when
someone effortlessly passes through
walls, but doesn’t sink through the
9. Your job is also your hobby.
10. You think paisley is a color.
If you scored seven or more ...
you might be an engineer. NV
NUTS & VOLTS
Interface a sharp LCD display to your BASIC Stamp® or other
micro-controller project with ease. No-solder wiring harnesses
and easy mounting kits available too. See www.seetron.com today.
• 3.2 x 1.4 in. supertwist LCD
• 2400/9600 baud serial
• Low (≈2mA) current draw
• Great with BASIC Stamps®
• 3.2 x 2 in. backlit LCD
• 1200-9600 baud serial ILM-216L
• Advanced protocol, 4 switch inputs
• EEPROM for configuration settings
• Favorite for OEM applications
• 3.2 x 1.4 in. graphics LCD
• 2400/9600 baud serial
• Font and 15 screens in EEPROM
• Easily draw points, lines, screens
• 3 x 2 in. supertwist LCD
• 1200-9600 baud serial
• ESD-protected, 4x4 keypad input
• Store up to 95 screens in EEPROM
1939 S. Frontage Rd. #F, Sierra Vista, AZ 85635
phone 520-459-4802 • fax 520-459-0623
www.seetron.com • firstname.lastname@example.org
CAN WE TALK?
We also have Educational Robotics Systems that Walk,
Roll, and Inspire! Download our FREE Code Generator!
Circle #87 on the Reader Service Card.
Circle #100 on the Reader Service Card.