BOB- 4 is Decade’s fourth-generation
low-cost video information overlay
(OSD) module. BOB- 4 lets your micro-controller or PC display text and vector
graphics on standard TV monitors. With
huge user-definable character sets,
BOB- 4 also supports bitmap graphics
and multiple languages. BOB- 4 generates black background video on-board,
or automatically genlocks to your video
source and superimposes graphics over
the image. Printable characters and
commands drive BOB- 4 through fast
SPI or RS-232 style ports, much like a
serial terminal or printer. BOB- 4 links
directly to microcontroller chips and
modules, including the BASIC Stamp™.
NTSC and PAL video standards are
supported via software commands.
• Automatic video mode control
video standards (NTSC/PAL).
• Stand-alone operation for
simple source ID, target reticle, etc.
• Software-controlled digital outputs.
• Consumes only 1/2W at + 5 VDC.
• Lead-free; industrial temperature spec
• Extended production lifetime; no OSD
• Firmware can be upgraded in the
• Independent debug port assists with
The free BOB- 4 Conscriptor
program runs on Windows PCs and
offers these conveniences:
• Font editing, importing, file
• Bitmap graphics importing and editing.
• Boot script editing and file
• BOB- 4 configuration memory
• BOB- 4 firmware upgrade utility.
• One-click BOB- 4 module
• Simple hookup; requires just DC, serial
data, video I/O.
• Prints plain ASCII text in default
• High display density; up to 480 x 240
(NTSC) or 480 x 288 (PAL).
• Arbitrary font sizes and proportional
• Stores thousands of custom characters
• Vector graphics drawing commands.
• Industry-standard ANSI control
• Automatic vertical scrolling.
• Text crawl (single-line smooth
• Async, Synchronous, and SPI host
For more information, contact:
control (RC) servo pulse interface, analog voltage,
serial. The serial interface can
with one of the other
two interfaces, allowing
mixed autonomous and remote
control. For example, a robot could
be configured to run autonomously
most of the time, but a human
operator could override the autonomous
function if the robot gets stuck or into
a dangerous situation. If the serial mode
is selected as the primary interface,
high-resolution measurements of all
five RC inputs are made available to
the autonomous robot controller,
allowing for complex and unlimited
mixing of operator control and sensor
The TReX Jr motor controller
operates from 5 to 24 V, and the two
primary outputs provide bi-directional
control with peak currents of 5 A
and continuous currents of 2. 5 A
while a unidirectional auxiliary output
delivers over 10 A (continuous). A
fourth control channel for invertible
robots allows improved control if the
robot does get turned upside-down, and the fifth control channel
determines which interface controls
the motors. The unit measures
approximately 1.75” x 1.75” x 0.5”,
and it is available fully assembled or
in kit form.
Pololu introduces its new TReX Jr
Dual-Motor Controller, a versatile
DC motor controller suited for mixed
autonomous and radio control of small-and medium-sized robots. Three independent interfaces are offered: radio
For more information, contact:
6000 S. Eastern Ave., Ste. 12-D
Las Vegas, NV 89119